Aside from Valentine’s Day, February just doesn’t get the respect it’s due.
Why is that? Methinks it has a lot to do with it being the last month before Spring. Honestly, by the time we get to February, you you know are done with the snow and the cold.
Here’s why you and I should respect February:
- My half birthday is on February 4th. If kids can celebrate their 1/2 birthday, so can I. (Want to know your half birthday? Take a look at this site: The Half Birthday Calculator)
- My family celebrates some big “real” birthdays this month.
- It’s Black History Month. Is there any other time of the year that’s dedicated to the history and contributions of black people and African Americans in North America? No, just February so check out these sites:
- It’s the only time of year that folklore and Punxsutawney Phil determine if we will see another six weeks of winter.
- We can celebrate Honest Abe’s birthday. (Refer back to Black History Month. See also Juneteenth)
- February is American Heart Month. More women die from heart disease than any other disease. Know the signs, watch Go Red For Women ™ presents: ‘Just a Little Heart Attack’
- It’s Leap Year and we know it because there’s a 29th day this month.
I encourage you to appreciate all February has to offer. And if you can’t, remember it will be March in 28 days. Or is it 29?
Feburary also has only 29 days which makes it nice for us waiting on the 1st. This has been such a nice winter the groundhound got confused. Very nice article. I really had no problems surving the divorce. It was the marriage that almost did me in. lol