Why is that? Methinks it has a lot to do with it being the last month before Spring. Honestly, by the time we get to February, you you know are done with the snow and the cold.
Here’s why you and I should respect February:
- My half birthday is on February 4th. If kids can celebrate their 1/2 birthday, so can I. (Want to know your half birthday? Take a look at this site: The Half Birthday Calculator)
- My family celebrates some big “real” birthdays this month.
- It’s Black History Month. Is there any other time of the year that’s dedicated to the history and contributions of black people and African Americans in North America? No, just February so check out these sites:
- It’s the only time of year that folklore and Punxsutawney Phil determine if we will see another six weeks of winter.
- February is American Heart Month. More women die from heart disease than any other disease. Know the signs, watch Go Red For Women ™ presents: ‘Just a Little Heart Attack’
- It’s Leap Year and we know it because there’s a 29th day this month.
I encourage you to appreciate all February has to offer. And if you can’t, remember it will be March in 28 days. Or is it 29?