I feel I have good reason. The cell plans and costs for those plans in Canada are very different than the unlimited ones in the US. With the majority of my family in the US, I need the unlimited long distance my home phone provides. I’m not ready.
There are plenty of people who have suggested I get rid of my home phone and use Skype because it’s cheaper. But if you’ve noticed, Skype has gone through some changes since it was acquired by Microsoft. I’m not ready.
When it comes down to it, I’m not ready to give up a lot of things that are associated with my home phone:
- my home phone number — it’s the best and easy to remember
- the ability to block numbers — haha I blocked you!
- folks and companies not being able to reach me WHEREVER I am and WHENEVER they want — today people expect it
- being able to separate home and play 🙂
- unlimited long distance in the US and Canada
- cell phone etiquette is not universal yet (it should be) — at my home politeness and phone etiquette count
When I’m ready, I guess I will know. For now if you don’t have my cell or home phone number, you can always leave a comment.